Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Looking for VyOS consulting

My company has a SaaS platform that securely moves health information (aka has to be HIPAA compliant).  Most of our infrastructure is hosted in a private cloud other than AWS.  We need the ability to setup many (read potentially 100s) of IPSEC VPNs to hospitals where they can reach our services.

I think the best way to do this is a VyOS box hosted in AWS.  (AWS because they are HIPAA compliant, they will sign a BAA with us, and we are moving some services to AWS).  The VyOS box in AWS would create IPSEC VPNs to the hospitals, and then another VPN connection back to our private cloud services.  The AWS to private cloud link is preferred to be an OpenVPN connection.

However, we currently don't know VyOS. We would like a consultant to setup the first few connections, and teach us how to setup further connection.  All the work would be remote.  If you are interested, please contact me, or reply to this posting.  My email is available via my profile.  Thanks.

Hi bcolchagoff,

IPsec in AWS can be quite problematic because of NAT. Some people may be very reluctant to setup NAT-T, and some people may themselves use cloud services that employ NAT, and in the latter case the IPsec tunnel is very likely not to work at all since IPsec was never designed with NAT in mind and NAT-T has its limitations.

Anyway, if you want some consulting straight from VyOS maintainers, drop a line to sales@vyos.io

(09/03/2017, 20:56)dmbaturin Wrote: Hi  bcolchagoff,

IPsec in AWS can be quite problematic because of NAT. Some people may be very reluctant to setup NAT-T, and some people may themselves use cloud services that employ NAT, and in the latter case the IPsec tunnel is very likely not to work at all since IPsec was never designed with NAT in mind and NAT-T has its limitations.

Anyway, if you want some consulting straight from VyOS maintainers, drop a line to sales@vyos.io

Thanks, I'll contact them.  If you could:
  - why is NAT a problem with AWS?  
  - Isn't this a problem with all cloud hosting?  
  - Does having distinct subnets help?

I apologize for newb questions, but it's been years since I did much network stuff.  Any input is appreciated.  Thanks